- This event has passed.
8-WEEK-WORKSHOP: PITCH PLUS TEN – SCRIPT DEVELOPMENT COURSE
28 August at 19:30 - 22:30€120
28 August – 16 of October, every Tuesday from 7:30 – 10:30pm
This is a practical, hands-on screenwriting & pitch proposal course.
8 consecutive weeks | 1 evening per week | 3 hours per session | plenty of homework
WHO IS IT FOR? This course is for anyone who has ideas for a script, but doesn’t know what to do with them. It is far people with limited experience in writing and for people who find themselves procrastinating about the subject.
WHAT WILL I GET OUT OF IT? At the end of this course, you will have a: Title | Logline | 1 Page Synopsis | Treatment |First Ten Pages | Pitch Proposal Document | 1 minute Elevator Pitch (Participation is a must!)
WHAT IS THE AIM? The aim of the course is to help you acquire the skills, strategy and knowledge to:
- Develop your ideas, if you don’t know how to
- Stop procrastinating about writing
- See something through if you lack discipline
- Gain insight & knowledge
- Improve your confidence
You will be given a definite framework to work to that contains some lecture-style instruction with
games & exercises. You also receive constructive feedback and encouragement from the group &
myself. So, if you want to see results, come, be heard AND WRITE!
WHAT WILL THE COURSE COVER? The course will cover the following topics:
- Techniques to generate, flesh out & develop inspiration, concepts & background
- The importance of loglines, concept statements, outlines, synopsis, treatment
- Theme & Tone: Your subject matter & how you present it to your audience
- Conflict: No struggle, no opposition, no story
- Characterization: Creating memorable characters & exploring subtext
- Structure: Building structure & texture in the world of your script
- Screenplay Formatting
- Visual Storytelling: We will gain insight into our story by collecting media, information
- Dialogue: Writing compelling dialogue & giving characters a unique voice
- Rewrite: If you can’t write a compelling first 10 pages, nobody will read the rest
PARTICIPANT FEE: €149 (regular); €120 (early bird until 15.06.)
ABOUT THE HOST:
I am Anthony Straeger and have been a filmmaker for over 25 years. I have submitted to some many festivals it is untrue and it is only now as Festival Director for the Berlin Sci-fi Filmfest that I realise all the mistakes I have made and the money I have wasted. What I want to do is help filmmakers to not make the mistakes I have made and to gain more success for the work they have created.